Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Most Memorable Field Trip

Just had a big dinner, hot pot. My body is exhausted, but my mind is still in the field trip mood, so hope this little journal can put me to bed.
The last time I went to a field trip with school was in Grade 10, and it was a disappointment. So I didn't expect that much this time, just wanted to value the last few chances to be with my friends. The bus was terrible: there was JUST enough space to put my legs, and the seat was somehow weird, I couldn't tell what the problem was. I slept all the way to the terminal, Qi Du, and the two-hour bus sleep killed my neck!
The sun was powerful, so I put on double layers of sun scream, which Ms. Yu commented later that I was very white. The hiking part in the morning was full of accident. I was walking with Celia and Sameul when I saw Isabel sitting on a stairs. So I asked her why she was sitting there alone, just randomly. She said she hurt her ankle when she was walking down the stairs. She said it so calmly that I thought it was a joke, but I soon saw her swelling ankle. At that second, I knew I could not leave her there, even though I almost never talk to her in school. I asked Celia and Sameul to go first, and said I would catch them up later. I called Tracy Cui, and she later came back with a worker in the scenic spot. However, after I helped Isabel to the car, which drove her out, I could not find anybody! I tried to call Celia, but there was no signal! I was alone for like half an hour, and then I met Mr. Mauricio, Ms. Loftis and Ms. Janda. They were just so different outside school, in jeans and t-shirts. We took pictures and talked things like soap opera, it was a brand-new experience!

The raft in the afternoon was a water battle. I was with Celia and Sameul again, which was pretty nice, they were just so sweet! (I am jealous...) However, I regretted that I didn't buy a water gun earlier in the morning. Whenever our raft was close to the other one, we were attacked by water guns! God knows when they bought so many large-water-capacity guns! And even though sometimes we were not attacked directly, we were spilled by the surrounding battles. And Jim Yan! He sent "soldier" (Paul) to our raft to try to steal our stick! I was all wet, not as wet as the boys with water guns though, but it was so exciting to fight and scream like child again!

On the way back, I talked to Ms. Yu for two hours! TWO hours! I'd never known my tongue could work in English for that long! I was pretty sure that my brain died when we finally arrived at the school (if not my tongue), that I forgot to say goodbye to Ms. Yu and Ms. Chan...

Today will become one of the sweetest memories that I have in high school. I am not sure who organized this field trip, Jumbo, Tracy? Anybody else? yeah, and all the teachers. I just want to say thank you to whoever contributed to this field trip, your efforts provided us an opportunity to release happy laughs from inside of our hearts. THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Miss Yu said...

I'm glad you had a great time at ShiDu. I think Jumbo, Jingjing, and some others organized this trip...without any help from the Canadian teachers (haha...we were there just to have fun!).

Thank you for the chat, although I am sorry I killed so many brain cells. Hopefully you will still be functioning when we get back to school on Monday?

This was an amazing trip and I am happy that everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Seeing students outside of school is always a wonderful experience. It's a rare chance for teachers as well.

I am most proud of you for helping Isabel. As I told Ms. Chan that morning, I saw a very mature girl, one who stands out from the rest, one who is ready to head into University, and one who ready for life.